The substructure of a house is defined as the structural work below ground level used to support the structure above. Foundations, basement, subfloor are some components of this area.
As Structural Engineers, QCON provides peace of mind for our clients. Foundation construction and detailing can delay a project for months meaning increased costs and frustration for all involved. Our priorities with foundation design and construction are to be safe, cost-efficient, durable and buildable. Our process takes the following steps:
- Ground Investigation - desk study, site inspection, trial holes, probing, soil analysis and testing
- Foundation size and type selection-strip, raft or piled
- Detail and design of of the unit
- Cost analysis and approval
- Full construction supervision
- Monitoring during operation
These are some of the main steps that QCON adopts for the substructure of a new dwelling.